Wigan   -   Sunderland

Wigan
Tomorrow 21st Sep 21, 14:45 21 Sep 14:45
Sunderland
Wondering where to watch the game? Search no more!
  1. 1 Register here
  2. 2 Sign In and watch!
*To watch, you must have a funded account or a placed bet within the last 24h!
Verified Legal Live Stream
*To watch, you must have a funded account or a placed bet within the last 24h!
Referee -
Stadium DW Stadium
Location Wigan, England
Weather Forecast 16°

Match Facts

  • Average number of goals in meetings between Wigan Athletic and Sunderland AFC is 2.6.
  • Sunderland AFC haven't lost in their last 5 games.
  • When Wigan Athletic is down 0-1 home, they win 20% of their matches.
  • The most common result of matches between Wigan Athletic and Sunderland AFC is 1-1. 5 matches have ended with this result.

Who will win?

WIG
WIG

Possible Lineups

SUN
SUN
Wigan Wigan
Amos, Ben
Ben Amos
Goalkeeper
12
Darikwa, Tendayi
Tendayi Darikwa
Defender
27
Whatmough, Jack
Jack Whatmough
Defender
5
Mcclean, James
James Mcclean
Midfielder
23
Power, Max
Max Power
Midfielder
8
Cousins, Jordan
Jordan Cousins
Midfielder
6
Naylor, Tom
Tom Naylor
Midfielder
4
Watts, Kelland
Kelland Watts
Midfielder
2
Keane, Will
Will Keane
Forward
10
Wyke, Charlie
Charlie Wyke
Forward
9
Lang, Callum
Callum Lang
Forward
19
Sunderland Sunderland
Hoffmann, Ron-Thorben
Ron-Thorben Hoffmann
Goalkeeper
39
Wright, Bailey
Bailey Wright
Defender
26
Cirkin, Dennis
Dennis Cirkin
Defender
17
Doyle, Callum
Callum Doyle
Defender
6
Mcgeady, Aiden
Aiden Mcgeady
Midfielder
28
Winchester, Carl
Carl Winchester
Midfielder
15
O'Nien, Luke
Luke O'Nien
Midfielder
13
Gooch, Lynden
Lynden Gooch
Midfielder
11
Embleton, Elliot
Elliot Embleton
Midfielder
8
Neill, Dan
Dan Neill
Midfielder
24
Stewart, Ross
Ross Stewart
Forward
14

Statistics

Per match stats

*Avg. stats for the last matches

2496
Wigan Played 2
vs
2364
Sunderland Played 2
0.5
Goal scored
2.5
0
Shots
0
3.5
Corners
0
2.5
Yellow cards
2
0
Red cards
0
WIG
WIG

Top Scorers

SUN
SUN
Player Matches Assists Goals
Keane, Will
Will Keane
7 0 4
Wyke, Charlie
Charlie Wyke
7 0 2
Lang, Callum
Callum Lang
7 0 2
Mcclean, James
James Mcclean
4 0 1
Player Matches Assists Goals
Stewart, Ross
Ross Stewart
7 0 5
Mcgeady, Aiden
Aiden Mcgeady
7 0 2
Winchester, Carl
Carl Winchester
7 0 2
Embleton, Elliot
Elliot Embleton
7 0 2
Odds

Odds Comparison

Highest odds
+138
+248
+225
98.50%
Bookmakers Move
1xBet 1xBet
+138
+248
+217
97.75%
Bet365 Bet365
+137
+230
+210
95.46%
Betway Betway
+138
+225
+210
95.12%
22Bet 22Bet
+131
+238
+208
94.93%
Bwin Bwin
+125
+230
+210
93.45%
Betobet Betobet
+135
+225
+205
94.24%
Melbet Melbet
+133
+240
+210
95.65%
VBET VBET
+137
+219
+223
95.69%
Stake.com Stake.com
+132
+220
+215
94.25%
Marathonbet Marathonbet
+136
+248
+218
97.51%
Megapari Sport Megapari Sport
+138
+248
+217
97.75%
Highest Odds
+138 +248 +225
Lowest Odds
+116 +200 +192
Average Odds
+127 +219 +205

Odds movement

Home +138
Opening
+120
15 Sep 09:10
Highest
+145
18 Sep 13:00
Lowest
+120
15 Sep 09:10
Draw +248
Opening
+240
15 Sep 09:10
Highest
+258
16 Sep 08:50
Lowest
+240
15 Sep 09:10
Away +225
Opening
+220
15 Sep 09:10
Highest
+230
16 Sep 08:30
Lowest
+220
15 Sep 09:10

Outright odds

Team
+20000
+25000

Betting offers

We are sorry but there are no enhanced odds available at this time.

WIG
WIG

Match preview

SUN
SUN

The Dw Stadium in Wigan is soon to host an anticipated match between Sunderland AFC and Wigan Athletic on 21st September 2021. This match of the third matchday of the England EFL Cup will have up to 25138 fans watch the game very closely.

These teams played previously at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland on 07.08.2021. In fact, it hasn't even been a year since their challenge for the win. Sunderland AFC's players and manager are keen to repeat the 2-1 victory that they scored against their rivals during the previous match. During their last three action-packed matches, Wigan Athletic scored four goals, while Sunderland AFC only managed to accumulate 3.

Winds are expected to be quite slow and shouldn't be an issue for the teams. Temperatures on the matchday will probably not rise high, reaching a daily maximum of 19°C, so the players shouldn't be exhausted too soon. Also, it won't be a wet day, chances for rain aren't very high–around 11 percent.

Making the best possible bet

When it comes to picking out a winner there's much to consider, but finding value in a betting selection is the key. Those bets that are projected to pay out at a higher rate than they should, require multiple metrics to be taken into account such as goals, goal averages, last matches performance, direct h2h records or lineups. Although a draw has small chances of occurring, respectively 29.3%, Wigan Athle.'s victory is likely to happen. Professionals attribute them a 40.7% probability of winning the match. However, Σάντερλαντ only gets a 30% probability for a win.
To achieve the best outcome, these facts should also be taken into account, before placing your bet:

  • Sunderland AFC haven't lost in their last 5 games.
  • During the last 22 meetings, Wigan Athletic have won 9 times, there have been 6 draws while Sunderland AFC have won 7 times. The goal difference is 27-25 in favour of Wigan Athletic.
  • Wigan Athletic scores 1.2 goals in a match against Sunderland AFC and Sunderland AFC scores 1.4 goals against Wigan Athletic (on average).
  • The most common result of matches between Wigan Athletic and Sunderland AFC is 1-1. 5 matches have ended with this result.
  • During the last 10 meetings with Wigan Athletic playing at home, Wigan Athletic have won 4 times, there have been 3 draws while Sunderland AFC have won 3 times. The goal difference is 12-11 in favour of Wigan Athletic.
  • When Sunderland AFC is down 1-0 away, they win 28% of their matches.
  • Wigan Athletic scores 1.3 goals when playing at home and Sunderland AFC scores 1.66 goals when playing away (on average).
  • The winner of their last meeting was Sunderland AFC.

Both of these respected teams will be facing off in a future match; ideal if you wish to follow their progress. Then, they will meet in the Dw Stadium in Wigan, England.

Match details

  • Wigan - Sunderland
  • League Cup England
  • Date - 21/09/2021
  • Starting time - 18:45 UTC
  • Venue: DW Stadium, Wigan, England

Betting odds comparison

Oddspedia provides Wigan Sunderland betting odds from 69 bookmakers in 38 betting markets. If you are interested in odds from League Cup, you can check which bookie offers the best betting lines for the next matches from the competition - Watford - Stoke City, Brighton & Hove Albion - Swansea City.

Match OutcomeBest OddsBookie
Wigan To win 2.38 1xBet 1xBet
Draw3.48 1xBet 1xBet
Sunderland To win3.25 LeoVegas Sport LeoVegas Sport
Goals over 2.52.08 1xBet 1xBet
Goals under 2.51.85 Dafabet Dafabet

How to watch Wigan Sunderland livestream

If you want to watch the game free of charge and without ads, simply follow the next steps:

  • Step 1 - Click on our Live Stream box above & register for free
  • Step 2 - Scroll through the list of the sports events and find the one you are interested in
  • Step 3 - Watch the game ad-free
Presented by Visit 1xBet
Advertising
    )    (       (       (      (            (       (
 ( /(    )\ )    )\ )    )\ )   )\ )         )\ )    )\ )     (
 )\())  (()/(   (()/(   (()/(  (()/(   (    (()/(   (()/(     )\
((_)\    /(_))   /(_))   /(_))  /(_))  )\    /(_))   /(_)) ((((_)(
  ((_)  (_))_   (_))_   (_))   (_))   ((_)  (_))_   (_))    )\ _ )\
 / _ \   |   \   |   \  / __|  | _ \  | __|  |   \  |_ _|   (_)_\(_)
| (_) |  | |) |  | |) | \__ \  |  _/  | _|   | |) |  | |     / _ \
 \___/   |___/   |___/  |___/  |_|    |___|  |___/  |___|   /_/ \_\